Leon Harder Memorial Scholarship Application (Click Here) – Due 1st Friday of April each year.


  1. 20160319_152128
  2. 20160319_152305
  3. 20160319_151725

The 2018 Patterson Harbor Polar Plunge will be held on March 17th, 2018 at 3:00 PM.


The Patterson Harbor Polar Plunge was created out of our desire to give back to the community that has given so much to us over the years. As we began to form this wonderful event in late 2011, our intent was to raise funds while we do what we do best at Patterson Harbor and the Beach Bar—have fun and make memories.

The Polar Plunge is a great fundraiser with the proceeds going toward great organizations within our community. Initially, our intent was to pick one local project each year, but due to difficulties in assuring the funds would be used in the year they were raised, our fundraising focus changed. In 2013, we partnered with Alma Schools with the proceeds befitting their newly formed TeamMates Mentoring program and our newly formed Polar Plunge Post Secondary Scholarship Program. After a successful 2013 Polar Plunge, we expanded our fundraising efforts to allow Polar Plunge participants to raise money to benefit their local TeamMates Mentoring Program (fundraiser benefactor only) and our annual post secondary scholarship grant program by recruiting pledges to support their individual or team Polar Plunge. The success of the 2014 Patterson Harbor Marina Polar Plunge allowed us extend our support to four local TeamMates Mentoring Programs (Alma, Franklin, Holdrege and Minden) and provide three $750.00 post secondary education scholarships to local students.  Over the years, we have increased our annual fundraising amounts allowing us to expand our support to twelve (12) TeamMates Mentoring Programs and six (6) student scholarships in 2017.  It is our hope to continue to grow this wonderful event benefiting both TeamMates Mentoring Programs and the Leon Harder Memorial Scholarship program in the future.

Without the support of our local communities through event sponsorship and plunger pledges, the Patterson Harbor Polar Plunge would not be the success it has become.  We thank each and every sponsor and participant for their continued support of our Annual Polar Plunge.   Each year we hold the Patterson Harbor Polar Plunge around Saint Patrick’s Day weekend where 60 – 100 plungers enjoy the adrenaline rush the cold waters of Harlan County Reservoir provide as they take their plunge in front of 100’s of spectators in the name of charity.  The commitment of these of our plungers, sponsors and supporters each year help us raise in excess of $10,000 to over $16,000 in past years.   Of these funds raised, 100% is distributed to our Benefactors in the form of distributions to our local TeamMates Mentoring Programs (typically 75% of funds raised) and The Leon Harder Memorial Scholarship (remaining distribution, approximately 25%) each year.    Each year, it’s our goal to further expand our Polar Plunge fundraising efforts by increasing our reach through new plungers supporting their own local TeamMates Mentoring Program and the Leon Harder Memorial Scholarship.

We thank everyone for their willingness to take the Plunge each year for a great cause! Please check out our annual Patterson Harbor Polar Plunge photos videos on this page detailing the fun had by all.  If you are interested in taking part in future Patterson Harbor Polar Plunge events as a supporter, sponsor or plunger, please email marina@pattersonharbor.com for more information.


Polar Plunge Sponsorship Registration (Click Here)

Corporate Sponsorship Packages (Click Here)


Contributions to each year’s Patterson Harbor Polar Plunge may be mailed ahead of time or brought with you and submitted at registration the day of the event.  Each sponsor contribution of $100 committed by March 1st each year will receive recognition on our annual Polar Plunge t-shirt and signage.  Each participant that registers by March 1st, each year and commits to raising $50 for  their plunge participation will receive a t-shirt the day of the event.   All sponsorship or donation checks should be made out to our non-profit account at  HCCF – Polar Plunge and mailed to:

Patterson Harbor Polar Plunge

PO Box 110

Alma, NE 68920

If you are mailing a participant support check, [lease denote the Polar Plunge participant in the memo section of your check before mailing any contribution directly to the Patterson Harbor Polar Plunge PO Box listed above.  We welcome general contributions which will be distributed proportionately to the Leon Harder Memorial Scholarship and the various TeamMates Mentoring Programs we benefit.  Please email us at marina@pattersonharbor.com and one of our staff representatives will be in touch with you shortly to answer any questions you may have or assist you  regarding this year or future Polar Plunge events.